Whether you are a competitive or casual player, you always want to play on a great ping pong table with a great surface. But there’s one problem. Most top quality ping pong tables are way too expensive. Needless to say, you will have to dig deep into your pocket to get one, or maybe? A quick look at the market will provide you with different brands of different qualities. Some brands are cheaper but again are of great quality. Going by that, we can confidently tell you that the market has the best ping pong tables under 500.
Despite their low price points, these cheap ping pong tables work as expected. They have reasonably thick surfaces that provide a consistent ball bounce to allow you to enjoy your time. Moreover, their sizes are compact, and this makes it possible to have them set up in your living room, garage, basement, man cave, or anywhere that needs sports equipment. Most of them come with accessories such as a net and post set, ping pong balls, paddlers, and more. A good number of them also come pre-assembled, so you can start using them as soon as possible. We have gathered a number of these affordable ping pong tables in this article for worry-free buying.
- Checkout the Best Ping Pong Tables Under 500
- 10. STIGA Advantage Competition-Ready Indoor Table Tennis Table
- 9. JOOLA Inside Table Tennis Table with Net Set
- 8. Ping Pong Table by Martin Kilpatrick
- 7. JOOLA Conversion Table Tennis Top with Foam Backing and Net Set
- 6. MD Sports Table Tennis Set
- 5. JOOLA Midsize Compact Table Tennis Table
- 4. JOOLA NOVA Outdoor Table Tennis Table
- 3. Butterfly Ping Pong Table-Junior
- 2. Franklin Sports Full Size Table Tennis Conversion Top
- 1. HEAD Summit Table Tennis Table
Checkout the Best Ping Pong Tables Under 500
10. STIGA Advantage Competition-Ready Indoor Table Tennis Table
You only need 10 minutes to assemble this indoor table tennis table. It comes 95-percent preassembled out of the box to allow for quick setup and assembly. The table tennis table can be used at home or in the office.
- Style Name (3): Advantage, Advantage Lite, and Advantage Pro
- Play-Position Dimensions: 60”W x 108”D x 30”H
- Playback-Position Dimensions: 60”W x 66”D x 64”H
- Storage-Position Dimensions: 60”W x 28”D x 64”H
- 5.8” thick table top: It ensures excellent playability.
- 3-inch lockable casters: They let you roll and transport table halves quickly and easily.
- 72” tournament grade net and post set: It makes the net easy to attach and remove.
9. JOOLA Inside Table Tennis Table with Net Set
This table tennis table with net set is made by the official table brand of the US Open and US Nationals Championships. It is of great quality and can be used at home, community center or office.
- Legs: 30x30mm
- Leg Levelers: 1.25in
- Net: Quick Assembly Clamp Net
- Apron: 30x20mm
- Table Surface/Color: 5/8in/Blue
- Assembly Time: 10 – 20 minutes
- Unique two-halves design: Allows each table half to be completely separated individually as multi-use tables.
- 3-inch locking casters: They make the table tennis table easy to move from place to place.
- Safety Latch System: It provides extra safety and prevents the table from folding unexpectedly.
- Top-quality materials: They enable the table to stand up to intense play and long-term use.
Best Seller Products
8. Ping Pong Table by Martin Kilpatrick
Martin Kilpatrick provides a 3-year warranty to protect this table topper against defects in materials and workmanship for peace of mind. Although the table topper is designed to be used on billiard tables, you can use it on a large dining table or pool table.
- Dimensions: 9 ft x 5 ft
- Colors: Blue, grey, and green
- Thickness: 19mm
- Thick top: Offers a great bounce to make play competitive and fun.
- Protection pads: They protect the pool table.
- 1.5-inch removable metal rails: They are attached to the table and offer great protection and stability to the conversion table tennis top.
- Locking halves: The two halves lock to prevent sliding while you are playing ping pong.
7. JOOLA Conversion Table Tennis Top with Foam Backing and Net Set
Whether it is a dining table, an outdoor picnic table or a billiard table, it can be transformed into a great play center. All you need is the JOOLA Conversion Table Tennis Top, and you are good to go.
- Weight: 117 pounds
- Assembly Time: 5 minutes
- Style Names (2): Foam Pads with Aprons and Full Foam Backing
- Table Surface/Color: 15mm/Blue
- 1.5-inch steel tube aprons: They support the conversion top to prevent sagging as well as to ensure the table top remains flat.
- 10 EVA foam pads: They create a protective cushion between the conversion top and the table.
- Clamp-style net and post set: It makes the conversion table tennis top quick and easy to assemble.
6. MD Sports Table Tennis Set
You get up to 8 pieces when you buy this table tennis set by MD Sports. These pieces include two ping pong balls, two paddlers, two posts, a removable set, and a tournament-size table. The set does not take up much space; hence, will let you enjoy fast-action play in your garage or game room.
- Money-back Guarantee: 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Table Top Thickness: 15mm
- Weight of the Set: 121.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 108”L by 60”W by 30”H
- Foldable design: It allows for single-player practice as well as making storage a breeze.
- 15mm table top: It offers optimal ball bounce.
- 1-1/8” apron around the table: It provides additional support and stability.
5. JOOLA Midsize Compact Table Tennis Table
If you live in an apartment or do not have too much space in your living space, the JOOLA Midsize Compact Table Tennis Table is for you. Although it has the height of a standard table tennis table, it is around 2/3 the size of a regulation table. And this is what makes it great for small spaces.
- Assembly: No
- Weight: 62 pounds
- Full Table Dimensions: 72”L by 36”W by 30”H
- Storage Dimensions: 36 by 36 inches
- Multi-use tables: Each half of the midsize is nearly a perfect square, making them great for board games and entertainment.
- Compact storage: The table easily fits in most closets and under beds for easy storage.
- Sturdy folding legs: Each of them is connected to ensure a level playing surface.
4. JOOLA NOVA Outdoor Table Tennis Table
Your backyard, deck or playground needs this table tennis table. It is made by the official table brand of US Open and US Nationals Championships. As if that’s not enough, the table tennis table is USATT approved.
- Play Position: 66”L by 60”W x 66”H
- Playback Position: 60”L x 25”W x 66”H
- Wheel Size: 6”
- Apron Thickness: 2”
- All-weather table and net: They are made of aluminum, which is resistant to warping and chipping.
- 3-inch wheels and adjustable leveling feet: They make the table work in almost any terrain.
- Two-piece design: The two halves of this table sit on separate 4-wheel trolley systems, thereby, making transportation and storage a cakewalk.
3. Butterfly Ping Pong Table-Junior
Apart from playing ping pong, this well-thought-out table is great for other functions like card games. What’s more, the table comes fully assembled and with a net, so you can use it right out of the box. It is slightly larger than a midsize table, and this makes it easier to play on.
- Warranty: 3 years
- Dimensions: 81”L x 45”W x 30”H
- Playing Top Thickness: 12mm
- Weight of each Half: 35 pounds
- Thick table tennis top: It offers a better bounce.
- Corner pads: They protect you and your table.
- Wheels: Each table tennis table half has two wheels to make transportation easier.
- Two halves: They ensure lighter and easier transportation.
2. Franklin Sports Full Size Table Tennis Conversion Top
Franklin Sports is a family-owned company established in 1946. One of its products is this innovative and high-quality full-size table tennis conversion top that comes with a table tennis net and foam backing. It is easy to assemble with no tools required. Having said that, expect to have it ready in no time.
- HDF Surface Thickness: 12mm
- Dimensions: 9 ft x 5ft
- Net and foam backing: Yes
- Very thick HDF Surface: It offers a quality ball bounce to make play more competitive and fun.
- Thick EVA foam: It acts as a protective layer, thereby, helping to protect your furniture from damage.
- Durable components: They include a folding frame structure with sturdy steel brackets.
1. HEAD Summit Table Tennis Table
You can set up this table tennis table in your basement, man cave or rec room for endless fun. It makes a great addition regardless of where it is installed. Besides, this table tennis table comes 95-percent pre-assembled to make sure you are able to play ping pong on it as soon as possible. It will definitely keep your guests or friends entertained for hours.
- Dimensions: 9’L x 5’W x 30”H
- Certification: USATT approved
- Weight: 220 pounds
- ¾” top: It offers a consistent bounce during play.
- Versatile design: Makes the set great for both competitive and casual players.
- Compact size: Saves space and makes the set easy to store.
- Two halves: They make the tennis convenient to use.
The best ping pong tables come with hefty price tags. At least that’s what we thought until these insanely affordable brands were introduced to the market. They are of amazing quality yet their prices are within an affordable range. In the above reviews, we have talked about everything you should know before buying a ping pong table.