Taking care of your lawn or garden involves using the right tools such as the best handheld fertilizer spreaders. While they are primarily designed for spreading fertilizers, these tools are versatile to ensure you can use them for a wide variety of spreading needs. These spreaders have compact and lightweight craftsmanship that makes them suitable for a small piece of property. Some come with ergonomic handles for portable use whereas some with shoulder straps for chest-mount performance. As if that’s not enough, these fertilizer spreaders are designed to uniformly spread fertilizer so your lawn or garden is well-maintained with so little effort.
Finding the best handheld fertilizer spreader can be overwhelming given the several varieties the market has to offer. Therefore, for you to get the best one you should consider things like ease of use, capacity, reliability, and quality of spread among others. But since these features alone are not enough, we have gone further to research and review some of the best-performing fertilizer spreaders. And the following top 8 best reviews in 2019 are the result of thorough research and in-depth reviews. So read carefully in order to discover the best fertilizer spreader for all your needs. Good luck!
- Best Handheld Fertilizer Spreaders
- Best Handheld Fertilizer Spreaders
- 8. Scotts Hand-Held Broadcast Spreader, Easy
- 7. Scotts Wizz Hand-Held Spreader
- 6. Scotts Handy Green II Hand-Held Broadcast Spreader
- 5. Spot Spreader Hand Spreader
- 4. Scotts Hand-Held Spreader, Whirl
- 3. Spyker HHS100 Handheld Spreader
- 2. Solo, Inc. Solo 421 Chest-Mount Spreader
- 1. HBC Rotary Hand Spreader for Lawn and Garden
Best Handheld Fertilizer Spreaders
|Scotts Whirl Hand-Powered Spreader||200 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Scotts Easy Hand-Held Broadcast Spreader||732 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Scotts Wizz Hand-Held Spreader with EdgeGuard Technology - Apply Grass Seed, Fertilizer or...||1,591 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Spot Spreader Hand Spreader Shaker for Seed, Salt, De-Icer, Ice Melt, Earth Food and...||257 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
Best Handheld Fertilizer Spreaders
8. Scotts Hand-Held Broadcast Spreader, Easy
Use the Scotts Hand-Held Broadcast Spreader, Easy to apply fertilizer and grass seed in summer, spring, or fall. It has a compact hand-held design that makes it easy and comfortable to use. This broadcast spreader is made of high-quality materials that make it rust-proof to offer long-lasting performance.
It has a large capacity to hold up 10 1,000 square feet to cover a large area in just one fill. Thus, this spreader is perfect for medium-sized areas that require precise application such as tight curves and heavily landscaped areas. Furthermore, this spreader comes already assembled to ensure you can begin treating your lawn almost instantly.
- This unit is ideal for use in small yards
- It does not require any know-how to operate
- This model makes a great alternative to big expensive spreaders
- It provides uniform coverage of granular products
- The handle is a bit small and can be a little difficult to navigate; otherwise, this equipment works well
Best Seller Products
7. Scotts Wizz Hand-Held Spreader
Powered by 4 AA batteries, the Scotts Wizz Hand-Held Spreader is convenient so you can use it year round. It is equipped with 23 settings to enable you to choose the ideal setting for unbeatable accuracy. This spreader is designed to cover up to 2500 square feet so you can cover a wide area with just one fill.
It has a versatile design to enable you to spread lawn fertilizer, grass seed, ice melt, salt, and weed control products. This unit features an exclusive EdgeGuard technology that allows you to block off the side of the spreader to prevent spreading onto non-desired areas. Plus, this machine is very easy to use since it does not require any skills and it spreads fertilizer uniformly for quick performance.
- This spreader comes ready to use straight out of the box
- It has a very handy lock that makes it very easy to use over an extended period
- This unit is versatile to accommodate different types and sizes of materials
- It can hold a large amount of fertilizer to eliminate frequent refilling
- May come with shipping defects if not, great product.
6. Scotts Handy Green II Hand-Held Broadcast Spreader
With the ergonomic design, the Scotts Handy Green II Hand-Held Broadcast Spreader reduces wrist fatigue to ensure you can use it for extended periods. It is made of high-quality and rust-proof materials to provide extra strength and longevity. This spreader has a large capacity to hold up to 1,000 square feet product so you can spread the fertilizer on your lawn within the shortest time possible.
Thus, it makes a great solution for spreading fertilizer in small yards and lawns. This fertilizer spreader is equipped with a convenient handle that makes for easy use on the farm. Moreover, it is affordably priced, making it a great choice for anyone within a budget.
- This spreader is multipurpose to suit different uses
- It spreads products uniformly for better results
- This unit feels really sturdy and the quality seems great for the price
- This tool may have minor, manufacturers defects; otherwise, it works well
5. Spot Spreader Hand Spreader
Designed with multiple opening sizes, the Spot Spreader Hand Spreader allows you to pour large salt and seed bags depending on your needs. It is made of commercial grade materials to provide long-lasting performance use after use. This spreader has an ergonomic design that makes it easy to hold, open, and close.
It has a lightweight design with strong handles to provide added efficiency for portability and storage when not in use. This spreader is large in size to hold up to 80oz of fertilizer so you don’t have to refill every now and then. Besides, it is backed by a lifetime warranty so you can buy with confidence.
- This spreader is sturdy and solid
- It has many options for dispensing to suit various needs
- This container is very easy to use and to control
- This container can be heavy if you fill it completely
4. Scotts Hand-Held Spreader, Whirl
The Scotts Hand-Held Spreader, Whirl is constructed to deliver smooth and uniform product coverage so you can complete your work very quickly. It is designed with an adjustable arm that you can adjust to find the most comfortable position to work with.
This spreader is made of high-quality materials that make it rust-proof to sustain long-lasting performance. It comes already assembled to ensure you can use it directly out of the package. At the same time, this fertilizer spreader is versatile for you to use it with various products such as seed, feed, weed, and ice melt.
- This unit feels comfortable to use and works well
- It is very simple to clean after use
- There is a built-in shield included for better performance
- The spreader comes in different packs for you to choose from
3. Spyker HHS100 Handheld Spreader
With a capacity of 5lbs, the Spyker HHS100 Handheld Spreader is well-suited for small yards. It has a lightweight and compact design that makes it very easy to use and to store when not in use. This fertilizer spreader has durable construction, making it ideal for year-round use to weed, fertilize, seed, and even to apply ice melt.
It boasts a rotary broadcast design to enable you to spread materials more uniformly compared to spreading with your hands or shaking with a jug. Better yet, this unit has a contoured lip construction to enable you to scoop materials easily.
- This spreader has an ergonomic trigger handle for added comfort
- It can reach small and tight corners effortlessly
- This unit cleans easily after use
- The size is quite small for the price; otherwise, this tool works well
2. Solo, Inc. Solo 421 Chest-Mount Spreader
Featuring a chest-mount design, the Solo, Inc. Solo 421 Spreader is highly portable to get rid of the banging over curbs with burdensome wheels. It is equipped with a comfortable cross-shoulder strap to allow for extended wearing without fatigue. Thus, this unit is ideal for use in decorative beds with fertilizers and insecticides.
The spreader is versatile to enable you to use for spreading oil absorbents, ice melts, seeds, and other granular products. It is engineered with a large opening to allow for easy filling and cleaning of the container. Moreover, there are fingertip levers to help you control volume and direction for better results.
- This spreader comes in different packs to suit people with various budgets
- It has a 20-pound capacity to hold a generous amount of fertilizer
- There is a cap included to protect the operator from dust and chemicals
- The flow-control lever is not easy to find once the spreader is mounted
1. HBC Rotary Hand Spreader for Lawn and Garden
Given its durable construction, the HBC Rotary Hand Spreader for Lawn and Garden is heavy-duty to offer reliable and durable performance that will last several years. It is accompanied by an ergonomic handle to allow for convenient and easy operation.
This equipment has a large capacity to hold 1000 square feet of product which is perfect even when you have to work on the entire lawn or garden. It works by allowing you to get just the right amount of product on your lawn for simple and quick fertilizing. In addition, it is versatile to suit all of your purposes including spreading ice melt during those winter days.
- This spreader is as easy to clean as it is to use
- It has a good quality and seems to hold up well with regular use
- The price is affordable for almost everyone
- This unit is not ideal for big rock salt and snow
A spreader is a great tool for keeping your lawn, garden or yard in great shape. While you can get these tools from any store, getting a genuine product is not always guaranteed. That is why you should not take any chances, but go through our reviews for the best fertilizer spreader.