When electric drums were invented, many of us were perplexed. The technology was more advanced than what many had ever envisioned. Electronic drums have for real transformed the industry. There are some reasons why you would choose to acquire an electronic drum set instead of an acoustic one. You can buy a drum set of your choice from a shop. Although you can also find some best electronic drum sets under 500 dollars online.
With an electronic drum set, you can play wearing headphones, where you can also adjust the volume as you wish. With an acoustic set, your neighbors may get upset with your drum sounds because you cannot adjust the noise you make. An electric drum set has a headphones port that allows you to plug in your headphones as you practice your drum.
There are many types of electric drums in the market. You may be confused as to which one you should buy. They come at all shapes, quality, and prices. When you want to practice, then go for a low budget drum set. There are many cheap electric drum sets that you can buy online. Here am going to review for you the top 10 electronic drum sets that will cost under 500 dollars.
- Best Electronic Drum Sets Under 500 dollars
- 1. Alesis Drums Nitro Mesh Kit Review
- 2. Alesis Nitro Mesh Electronic Drum Kit Review
- 3. Yamaha Electronic Drum Set Review
- 4. Pyle Pro Electronic Drum kit Review
- 5. Alesis Surge Electronic Drum Kit Review
- 6. PylePro Portable Drums Review
- 7. Carlsbro Electronic Drum Set Review
- 8. RockJam Electronic Drum Set Review
- 9. Carlsbro CSD180 8-Piece Enhanced Electronic Drum Kit Review
- 10. Behringer Electronic Drum Set Review
Best Electronic Drum Sets Under 500 dollars
1. Alesis Drums Nitro Mesh Kit Review
It’s one of the best electronic set in the market if you consider the value over cost. With this kit, you get everything you need including whistles and extra bells. This drum set is good for beginners and drummers who want to practice. It delivers one of the best experiences any drummer wants.
It is a complete 8-piece kit that includes all the traditional items that you expect. The mounting is made of aluminum. It comes equipped with a nitro-electronic drum module that has an intuitive button layout and with hundreds of sounds accompanied with 50 play-along tracks. It comes with a USB port and a MIDI jack that can help you mount your old school tech.
- It is affordable
- It is a sturdy 8-piece kit held by an aluminum rack
- Considers the cost over value
- Has an intuitive and useful section
- It has no tambourine voice
- Poor customer service response
2. Alesis Nitro Mesh Electronic Drum Kit Review
It’s an eight-piece electric drum kit which includes an eight dual-zone snare drum, a nitro-electronic drum module, a four post aluminum rack, a three 10” cymbals and 3-8 mesh toms and a custom made Alesis pedal.
- Easy to install
- It is good for beginners
- It is affordable
- Great sound quality
- Low volume
- The drum set is not suitable for tall people
Best Seller Products
3. Yamaha Electronic Drum Set Review
It is a high-quality kit ideal for practice purposes when you are far away from the main set. It is made to produce less noise while being played. The reason is that the set has no kick pad or beater. It comes with a free iOS apps that allow you to customize, import songs and training programs.
- It is a quiet set
- It is accompanied by a drum throne
- Maintains full function
- It is of high quality hence durable
- Readily available spare parts
- It doesn’t support android only works with the iPhone
- It is not suitable for an expert drummer
- Has no screen on the drum module
4. Pyle Pro Electronic Drum kit Review
Pyle Pro Electronic Drum is a complete budget friendly drum set and comes with seven drum pads, hi-hat and kicks bass options. It comes packaged with 55 preset and ten drum kits, with over 300 cymbal/drum sounds, also has a digital control screen and audio configuration controls. It has USB place that allows you to connect it to your computer.
- Can be connected to the pc
- It is portable
- Has the battery plug-in option
- The kick drum volume is too loud
- The kick is not touch-sensitive
5. Alesis Surge Electronic Drum Kit Review
It’s one of the most expensive kits in this list, but of high-end quality. It comes with three-tom pads, a kick drum pad, three cymbals, chrome mounting rack, and a dual-zone snare, features over 600 sounds and 60 play-along tracks. It has a USB that allows you to upload your WAV sounds that can be assigned to any cymbal or drum, also has an AUX input, stereo outputs, and a Midi in/out.
- High quality at an affordable price tag
- It is good for honing your skills
- It is a high grade set with many setting options
- Hi-hat isn’t realistic
- Has issues with hi-hat options
- The kick pad stops working after a while
6. PylePro Portable Drums Review
It’s one of the low budget electronic drum set available in the market today. It is ideal for any beginner or an expert who wants a portable electronic drum set. The drrum set contains a flat table’ design. It comes with two pedals, one module, and seven drums. The top part has an LCD and audio controllers. You can save the preset configuration, and tinker between drums with ease.
The drum set has an additional feature where you can use batteries to power it. It has a USB jack that allows you to use your PC.
- Small size ideal for storage
- Battery powered option
- Has enough audio configurations
- The pedals are light; they move everywhere
7. Carlsbro Electronic Drum Set Review
The Carlsbro is an eight-piece drum set that is easy to set up. Unlike other drum sets, the Carlsbro set is a full-standing kit. The digital display allows for easy setting. It has a variety of options and pre-made kits and also has over 250 voices to choose from. It has a headphone jack, an AUX input to allow you to upload other sounds.
- The setup has many options
- Has a range of jack selections
- It is a full-standing electronic drum set, perfect for practice
- The volume is low hence you need an amplifier
8. RockJam Electronic Drum Set Review
The RockJam drum set is low budget kit ideal for those who want to spend little but still want a fully functional drum set. It comes with nine drum pads, is also portable and can be rolled for easy storage, unlike other drum sets. It has a USB port, a record function, and in-built speakers.
- Is good for honing skills
- It is affordable
- Is portable
- Can be easily stored
- Has multiple demos and 30 drum voices
- The pedal doesn’t work in most cases
- The snare breaks easily
9. Carlsbro CSD180 8-Piece Enhanced Electronic Drum Kit Review
It is an eight-piece drum set that comes together with two drum sticks and comes with headphones and 456 drum voices. It has a USB port that can be used to connect your computer and comes with a MIDI in/out. This electronic drum set has been well crafted to satisfy the needs of most expert drummers.
- Comes with two drum sticks
- Free headphones
- Cannot be shipped to other countries
10. Behringer Electronic Drum Set Review
Behringer is among the expensive drum sets in this list. It is an 8-piece drum set that is suitable for expert drummers and also has 175 sounds to choose from. It has ten factory presets and hi-hat controls, has a large LCD for easy operation and comes with a MIDI interface and a USB port that connect to a PC.
- Is easy to assemble
- Quality output
- Headphones port
- The kick tower does not stay in place
- The cymbals sometimes fail to respond
You may be asking yourself, which is the best drum set under 500 dollars? The answer to this is maybe, the most expensive of all or the one that best suits your needs. In general, quality goes hand in hand with price. The higher the price the best the quality. Many people tend to associate price with quality, which is a true assumption. When you get a quality electronic set, in most cases it will be expensive. Make sure you get the one with a full set of drums. It will help you advance your drumming skills.