ORC International, an independent research firm, recently discovered that 99% of adults suffering from a paralyzing condition called drop foot, or foot drop, do not wear a brace, which would help them walk normally. Well, this is not recommended, because the best drop foot braces are clinically proven to help alleviate such conditions as plantar fasciitis and drop foot. They keep the ankle in a neutral position, thereby, improving circulation. They provide a natural way to get rid of drop foot.
With them, you will have improved mobility and even reduce the likelihood of falling. Premium drop foot braces can be worn on both feet, and they are made of comfortable materials to let you wear them for long hours. Besides, most of them have a low profile that makes it possible to wear them with shoes or boots. Nonetheless, not all the drop foot braces you come across are the best. With that in mind, you need to go through a number of reviews to have full knowledge about drop foot braces. Well, one place you can start from is here where we have talked of the bestselling brands on the market today.
- List of The Best Drop Foot Brace in 2020
- 10. AIDER Dropfoot Brace Type 3, Size (Free Size_Left)
- 9. BraceAbility Dorsal Night Splint (S/M)
- 8. Step-Smart Drop Foot Brace (Right Foot – Small/Medium)
- 7. Vive Hard Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint and Trigger Point Spike
- 6. Ossur Foot-Up Drop Foot Brace (Large)
- 5. Everyday Medical Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint
- 4. Ossur Rebound Foot Up Drop-Foot Ankle Brace
- 3. BraceAbility Soft AFO Foot Drop Brace
- 2. Core Products Universal FootFlexor AFO Foot Drop Brace
- 1. MARS WELLNESS Plantar Fasciitis Posterior Night Splint
List of The Best Drop Foot Brace in 2020
|1||Adjustable Drop Foot Brace Foot Up Afo Brace Unisex...||$24.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||NEOFECT Drop Foot Brace - Breathable Neoprene, Foot...||$53.90||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Soft AFO Foot-up - Drop Foot Brace||$29.86||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Drop Foot Brace Orthosis AFO AFOs Ankle Brace Support...||$39.99||Buy on Amazon|
|5||AliMed Swedish AFO, Men's Left, Black||$34.58||Buy on Amazon|
10. AIDER Dropfoot Brace Type 3, Size (Free Size_Left)
The Aider dropfoot brace is packed with features, and that’s why we have included it here. It is very easy to wear; thanks to its convenient design. Furthermore, you can wear it both indoors and outdoors. It does not wrap the toe, and this makes it possible to wear with socks. The material used to make it is soft and comfortable to let you wear it for long hours.Product Specifications
- Strength for raising your feet up: 9/10
- Weight: 120g
- Thickness: 2 ~ 4 mm
- Number of bands: 4
- Four bands: They offer supportive stay and keep the foot up
- Wide main strap: It reduces the pressure on the ankle.
- Toe pad: It can be useful for Claw toe.
Best Seller Products
9. BraceAbility Dorsal Night Splint (S/M)
This drop foot brace is clinically proven to manage pain as a result of drop foot, Achilles tendonitis and plantar fasciitis. Its small to medium size fits US men’s shoe sizes ranging from 5 to 9 and U.S women’s shoe sizes ranging from 6 to 10.Product Specifications
- Size: S/M
- Purpose: To be worn while sleeping or resting
- Foot type: Fits both right and left
- Cushioned padding: It reduces discomfort and irritation, thereby, allowing you to have better sleep.
- Open heel design: It is low profile and enhances breathability; hence, keeping you more comfortable.
- Three adjustable fastener straps: They make it easy to customize the fit.
8. Step-Smart Drop Foot Brace (Right Foot – Small/Medium)
You will experience unmatched functionality and comfort when you have this drop foot brace. It is lightweight and low profile so you can wear it almost anywhere. It is also easy to use for convenience and satisfaction. The drop foot brace works by maintaining ankle action as well as feeling and flexibility in the toes.Product Specifications
- Weight: 1 pound
- Height: 11 inches
- Design: low profile
- Foot section: Includes the lower cavity of the Jacob Joint and the two uprights
- Jacob Joint technology: It allows one brace type to be used by many in getting rid of foot drop symptoms.
- ¾ foot plate: It retains feeling and flexibility in the toes.
- Phone support: Helps with adjustments and use.
7. Vive Hard Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint and Trigger Point Spike
The Vive Night Splint & Trigger Point Spike is designed to reduce inflammation and pain as a result of plantar fasciitis. It also alleviates Achilles tendonitis and drop foot. It is durably constructed for long-lasting performance.Product Specifications
- Guarantee: 60-day unconditional guarantee
- Size: Women’s: up to 7 and men’s: up to 6.5
- Material: Hard composite material
- Design: Can be worn on both left and right foot
- Rigid Exterior: It supports the ankle, calf, and foot to allow you to rest comfortably.
- Soft lining: It prevents abrasions, blisters, and skin irritation.
- Straps: They are made with a strong webbing and fastener material. Besides, each of them has a buckle.
6. Ossur Foot-Up Drop Foot Brace (Large)
Ossur believes that you should live without limitations. According to them, such complications as drop foot should not hinder you from enjoying every moment of your life. That’s why they produce the Ossur Foot-Up Drop Foot Brace. Apart from large, this drop foot brace is available in other sizes, which are small and medium.Product Specifications
- Ankle circumference: Large (8.5 – 10.25 inches)
- Color: Black
- Leg sizing: Universal
- Cushioned ankle wrap: It is made of breathable and 3-layered material to allow you to wear it for long periods.
- Plastic inlay: It fits discreetly between the tongue and laces of the shoe.
- Low profile design: Allows you to wear the foot brace with shoes.
5. Everyday Medical Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint
We like how this drop foot brace works. That’s why we recommend it for you. It encourages maximum boost to your blood circulation, thereby, improving mobility. It is designed on the basis that better oxygen circulation helps reduce the buildup of lactic acid, and this helps in muscle recovery in feet and ankle.Product Specifications
- Size: Single
- Sex: Men and women
- Safety: FDA cleared
- Undo Velcro Straps: They loosen up outer top and bottom long straps.
- Undo inner neoprene straps: They undo both top and bottom inner straps.
- Ergonomic design: It conforms to the foot to ensure a natural fit around muscles and nerves. By so doing, the design reduces inflammation and increases circulation.
4. Ossur Rebound Foot Up Drop-Foot Ankle Brace
The Ossur Rebound Foot Up Drop-Foot Ankle Brace is comfortable and of great quality to make sure you are 100-percent satisfied. It has an improved function that enables it to deliver. Moreover, it comes in several sizes, which are S/M, L/XL, and Foot Up. This makes it easy to find a perfect size that fits you nicely.Product Specifications
- Size: L/XL
- Material: Nylon and spandex
- Dorsiflexion support: Yes
- Removable ankle strap to shoe strap: Yes
- Smart clamp: It facilitates one-handed doffing or donning.
- Elastic strap: It is adjustable and easy to replace.
- Contoured shape: It helps improve stability.
- Breathable material: Allows you to wear the brace for long hours without any discomfort.
3. BraceAbility Soft AFO Foot Drop Brace
The BraceAbility Drop Foot Brace is designed to hold your foot upright while you are running or walking. It ensures that your foot does not drag across the floor, thereby, promoting a more natural gait. What’s more, it is versatile, given that it can manage pain and discomfort as a result of post-stroke drop foot, diabetic neuropathy, muscular dystrophy, and more.Product Specifications
- Ankle circumference: Ranges from 9.5” – 12.5”
- Size: L/XL
- Side of the foot: Can be worn either on the right or left foot
- Interchangeable inserts: They allow you to wear the brace with laced shoes.
- Open heel design: It is low profile and enhances breathability, thereby, making you very comfortable.
- Adjustable buckle strap: It is for customizable dorsiflexion control.
2. Core Products Universal FootFlexor AFO Foot Drop Brace
Made in the USA, this drop foot brace will not disappoint you when it comes to supporting your foot. Besides, it works with any lace-up shoe or boot. You can, therefore, have it on all the time. It lets the foot perform naturally as you walk, and that’s why we think you should have it.Product Specifications
- Includes: Tension cord and eyelet clips
- Color: Black
- Uses: Reduces the incidence of falls, increases confidence in walking ability, and improves gait
- Versatile functionality: The drop foot brace increases confidence in walkability, reduces incidences of falls, and improve gait.
- Convenient design: Allows you to wear a drop foot brace with lace up shoes.
- Soft and comfortable material: Enables you to wear the drop foot brace for an extended period.
1. MARS WELLNESS Plantar Fasciitis Posterior Night Splint
Although the MARS WELLNESS Night Splint is designed for people with Achilles Tendonitis and plantar fasciitis, it can also be used for other conditions as recommended by the physician. It keeps the ankle in a neutral position, thereby, passively stretching the plantar fascia and calf during sleep.Product Specifications
- Number of straps: 3
- Sizes: Three (small, medium, and large)
- Design: Open
- Three padded straps: They have buckles to ensure unrivaled immobilization.
- Open design: It keeps your foot cool and dry.
- Lightweight shell: It is low profile, sturdy, and breathable.
- Dual tension straps: They relieve pain by allowing for increased flexion and foot angle.
Drop foot braces are medical devices designed to help people suffering from pain caused by drop foot and even plantar fasciitis. They keep the foot in a natural position, thereby, improving circulation. Some are designed to be worn while going to sleep, while others are meant to be worn all the time. So, read the above reviews to choose a suitable one as advised by your physician.