There are a variety of headphones for audiophiles the most popular one being the closed back headphones. These headphones are characterized by the closed exterior ear cup and the unique over the ear pattern. This physical design gives these headphones the distinct ability to seal the user off from any external noise. This ensures that you grace yourself with nothing but rich sound from your favorite music.
Having said that! We have reviewed a list of 10 best closed back headphones under $500 to help you pick the one that best fit your need at a reasonable price. We have provided a comprehensive review of each product including pros and cons of each product and we hope that it will help you make an informed decision.
- Lists of the Best Closed Back Headphones Under 500
- 1. MH40S4 Over-Ear, Closed Back Headphones
- 2. Sennheiser HD280PRO Headphones
- 3. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Closed Back Headphone
- 4. Sennheiser HD 569 Closed Back Headphone
- 5. Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm Over-Ear Studio Headphones
- 6. Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B
- 7. AKG Pro Audio AKB K92 Closed-Back Headphones
- 8. Sennheiser HD 630VB Headphone
- 9. Sennheiser HD 600 Open Back Professional Headphone
- 10. Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z
Lists of the Best Closed Back Headphones Under 500
1. MH40S4 Over-Ear, Closed Back Headphones
MH40S4 Over-Ear Closed Back Headphones have been designed with durability in mind as they have utilized the best materials enabling them to deliver an ideal balance of great sound, comfort, and aesthetics.
In addition to the great construction, these headphones feature an advanced technology that includes Neodymium drivers, dual audio ports, removable ear pads, mute button, and an in-line mic. This enables these headphones to capture every detail from your favorite tunes and at the same time compliment the diverse music genres.
- Noise isolation capabilities.
- It comes with stainless steel components in all high-strain areas.
- It features interchangeable ear pads made of lambskin.
- Compatible with Apple devices.
- Not a perfect choice for users on the go.
2. Sennheiser HD280PRO Headphones
HD280PRO is a pair of closed headphones from Sennheiser that is compatible with iPod, MP3 player, DVD and CD players, and mobile phones that supports 3.5mm jack plug. It is also compatible with most home stereos and studio equipment. On top of this, it features a rugged design that accommodates replaceable parts like the ear pads and the cable.
These features deliver nothing but accurate, linear sound that exceeds professional expectations which when combined with the collapsible design and rotating ear cups ensures maximum comfort meaning that you can wear them for extended periods of time.
- Tight bass.
- Great treble and midrange
- Comfy fit and foldable.
- Great tonal balance.
- Too much focus on the bass
3. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Closed Back Headphone
Sennheiser HD 598 Cs boasts of great sound quality and outstanding noise isolation. This is enabled by closed-back design that employs impeccable acoustic array which allows it to deliver natural and detailed sound that is not harsh to the environment or the user.
All these is provided by this lightweight yet very durable headset which additionally features cushioned headband and ear pads which guarantees the user extra comfort during long listening sessions. In addition to this, you can pick calls through the one button remote on the cable which also comes with a microphone.
- Features aluminum coils for improved performance.
- Splendid ear covered cushions for more comfort.
- Great ergonomic design that direct sound to the ears only.
- It comes with detachable cables.
- A bit bulky
4. Sennheiser HD 569 Closed Back Headphone
Special of a kind, the HD 569 series pushes performance to incredible levels for audiophiles who need outstanding sound quality with noise isolation. This headphone is equipped with Sennheiser proprietary transducer technology which features the E.A. R (Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement) design which channels all audio towards your ears creating an in-room like experience.
The featured components which include the aluminum voice coils ensure high efficiency and very minimal distortion if any. The padded headband and ear cushions ensure that you will be comfortable even during long listening sessions.
- High build quality.
- Highly accurate sound that pays attention to details.
- Super comfy featuring the over-the-ear design.
- It features detachable headphone cable.
- Some parts are not replaceable.
5. Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm Over-Ear Studio Headphones
Professional users and audiophiles alike have relied on Beyerdynamic DT 770 as it has been tried and tested and the result is detailed and transparent sound. This closed headphone offers incredible noise isolation which makes it an ideal choice for voice recordings.
With DT 770, you don’t have to worry about the bass response as it does this with utmost clarity meaning that it has you covered when it comes to monitoring, mixing and mastering. Additionally, the headset provides a secure fit thanks to the study steel headband and the included rotational ear cups makes sure that you are comfortable when wearing the set.
- Great comfort thanks to the rotational ear cups.
- Stunning resolution.
- Sleek and beautifully crafted soundscape.
- Excellent bass detail.
- The highs can be straining.
6. Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B
ATH-ANC7B will ensure that you find peace in your room or you are not disrupted after a long trip thanks to their noise canceling capabilities. It is known to reduce background noise by close to 90% offering unmatched audio experience in their compact and lightweight design. The good thing about this set of headphone is that it works well with many entertainment systems that include CD, DVD, and MP3 player.
Packed with the electro-acoustic technology, these headphones feature 40mm drivers which feature a neodymium magnet system which enables the headset to reproduce enough volume levels from any music genre. These headphones are also capable of working even when the noise canceling is switched off and also they can work in passive mode i.e. without batteries.
- It has two modes; active mode for noise cancellation and passive mode.
- Cuts off 90%of background noise.
- Flat-fold design for portability
- Handles tremble with much precision.
- The battery life could be improved.
7. AKG Pro Audio AKB K92 Closed-Back Headphones
AKG is recognized brand and so is Pro Audio AKB K92 which is here to offer you balanced response for monitoring accuracy. This is made possible by the 40mm drivers which enables it to deliver 16Hz – 20 kHz frequency response. The closed-back and lightweight design ensures proper isolation and perfect fit during use.
With K92 you can rest assured that sound will be delivered to your ears only with no chances of audio leakage. This means that you can master and mix peacefully without distractions from whatever source. This is made possible by its new acoustic chamber found between the ear cup and the headband. K92 also gives you flexibility as you can move your head in any direction without affecting the sound quality.
- Professional drivers for a wide range of frequency response.
- Closed back design ensures maximum noise isolation.
- Gold plated connections ensure balanced frequency response.
- Excellent midrange clarity.
- Excellent enough to expose bad recordings.
8. Sennheiser HD 630VB Headphone
The HD 630VB have been designed for audiophiles on the go and high-end audio systems in general. You can connect it to your portable audio device, tablet or mobile phone and the end result is balance, dynamics, and clarity in the final sound providing a perfect way of complimenting your listening experience.
These headphones are crafted with the strong aluminum for portability and durability ensuring that they will serve you for many years to come, and it can also be folded to fit in tight places. Some of the important features include the rotary dial that allows for variable bass control and compatibility with both the Apple and Android whereby you can switch between the two at the touch of the dial.
- Comfortable for long listening sessions.
- Excellent headphones for the price.
- Quite detailed.
- Natural and all-round sound.
- Lacks in-line mic.
9. Sennheiser HD 600 Open Back Professional Headphone
Although this is an open back headphone, it works well when it comes to sealing you off from disruptions thanks to its diaphragm-like design which ensures that no waves or other acoustical disturbances reaches your ears, and the result is a cleaner sound. This particular series is an invaluable device when it comes to dedicated listening making it famous among mastering engineers.
The computerized and magnet optimized systems helps to eliminate both intermodulation and harmonic distortion. In addition, the aluminum voice coils are lightweight and they help in ensuring perfect transient and dynamic response, resulting into more natural, accurate and spatial sound at all times.
- Balanced in every aspect.
- Comfort is assured.
- Quality build materials
- Clarity across all ranges.
- The sound may be too warm to some listeners.
10. Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z
ATH-W1000Z is a great set of headphones for any audiophile both in terms of performance and aesthetic appeal. They feature unique wood housings that consists of pure teak; which is among the most expensive woods in the whole world. This wood casing has the ability to reflect natural, thick bass sound enabling the headsets to deliver warm and splendid audio.
The Double Air Damping System (D.A.D.S) that comprises of unified yoke with two magnetic circuit parts helps to improve the bass response further for better sound quality and increased efficiency. The attached magnesium frames helps to reduce unwanted resonance together with the 3D wing support mechanism which also helps to provide a comfortable fit.
- Long battery life.
- It features voice assistant support features.
- The wired connection sounds great.
- Intuitive controls.
- The highs tend to be too energetic.
We now believe that buying the best closed back headphones under $500 should not be hard task if you follow the guidelines provided herein to the letter. Knowing the aspects to look for will save you a lot of energy and time thus ensuring that your investment does not do to the drains.
Make sure to check on the specific closed back headphone battery life, comfort features, controls, and build material and when all these is said and done, rest assured that you can never go wrong.