Speakers play a big role in most households, making it a must-have. And if you have space constraints, investing in the best bookshelf speakers under 500 is definitely a good idea. Compared to the standard speakers you are familiar with, bookshelf speakers are compact and space-saving. They are easy to set up so you can always find a place in your small space to put the speaker. Surprisingly, bookshelf speakers remain functional with high-quality sound production in their tiny sizes. In fact, most of them produce natural, clear and unobstructed studio-quality sound. Better yet, they come as pairs and at affordable prices so you don’t have to dig deeper into your pockets just to have them.
Today, there are several bookshelf speakers in the industry to the extent that finding the best one can take so much time and effort. Thus, when looking for the best bookshelf speaker you should consider your budget, sound quality produced, the material used in construction as well as compatibility and connectivity. But since looking at just specific features is not enough to take you straight to the best bookshelf speakers, we have compiled the following top 10 best reviews in 2020. In here, are bookshelf speaker that stylish and attractive to compliment your already existing décor. So take a thorough read into our reviews in order to take home the best bookshelf speakers.
- 10. Edifier Bookshelf Speakers R1280DB Review
- 9. Klipsch Bookshelf Home Speaker R-41M Review
- 8. Edifier Powered Bookshelf Speakers R1280T Review
- 7. Edifier Bookshelf Speakers-R1700BT Review
- 6. Edifier Bookshelf Speakers R2000DB Review
- 5. Polk Audio Bookshelf Speakers Review
- 4. Micca Bookshelf Speakers-MB42X Review
- 3. Micca 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers COVO-S Review
- 2. Micca Bookshelf Speakers PB42X Review
- 1. Klipsch Bookshelf Speakers Review (Pair) R-14M
10. Edifier Bookshelf Speakers R1280DB Review
Powered by Bluetooth, the Edifier Bookshelf Speakers R1280DB can be connected to a smartphone or tablet to play music wirelessly. They equipped with optical and coaxial inputs to enable you to connect the speakers to most TVs and computers. The bookshelf speakers come with a remote control that lets you adjust the volume and toggle inputs at your fingertips. What’s more, they feature 4-inch bass and 13mm silk dome tweeter to produce naturally fine-tuned sound.
- The speakers produce decent sound for the size
- They have adjustable EQ for optimum versatility
- These speakers have multiple connection options
9. Klipsch Bookshelf Home Speaker R-41M Review
With a reinforced MDF construction, the Klipsch Bookshelf Home Speaker R-41M reduces cabinet vibration for improved sonic accuracy. This speaker uses Tractrix horn technology to deliver the clarity and dynamics of live music with the most natural sound possible. It is designed with Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) that minimizes distortions for enhanced performance. Moreover, this speaker is stylish and well-made to provide excellent performance and blend in seamlessly with your existing décor.
- It comes as a set of two, giving you great value for money
- The speaker performs exceptionally well for its size
- The material quality is sturdy to deliver durable performance
Best Seller Products
8. Edifier Powered Bookshelf Speakers R1280T Review
Equipped with two auxiliary inputs, the Edifier Powered Bookshelf Speakers R1280T connects to any device that has 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Thus, it allows you to connect two devices at the same time without the need to switch or unplug. This speaker uses 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4-inch full range unit to deliver studio sound quality. Further, the speaker boasts a high-quality MDF with beautiful finishes that will compliment any interior décor.
- Comes with a remote control for easy operation
- The speaker is backed by a 2-year warranty to guarantee quality and reliability
- The price is a bargain for the performance and durability you get
7. Edifier Bookshelf Speakers-R1700BT Review
The Edifier Bookshelf Speakers-R1700BT is Bluetooth-enabled so you can pair your smartphone or tablet for a hassle-free wireless experience. It is equipped with built-in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and Dynamic Range Control (DRC) for clear sound quality. This speaker utilizes a 19mm dome tweeter and a 4-inch bass driver to deliver clear highs and rich lows. It has a front bass port to ensure low frequencies are accentuated for more power. Plus there are dials on the side of the speaker to enable you to control audio, treble, and bass.
- There is a wireless remote control for utmost convenience
- The sound quality is very good for the price
- This speaker is compact for easy setup
6. Edifier Bookshelf Speakers R2000DB Review
Pair your phone, computer, or tablet, with the Edifier Bookshelf Speakers R1700BT via Bluetooth to stream music wirelessly. It is compatible with iOS, MacOS, Android, and Windows devices to allow for optimum versatility. This speaker is also equipped with an optical input system so you can enjoy a lossless connection to your TV, Blue-ray DVD player, HTPC, and PlayStation among others. Furthermore, it is made from high-quality MDF wood with walnut wood effect vinyl finish to complement your already existing décor.
- This speaker comes with a remote control to help you switch modes at your fingertips
- It is functional and stylish to give your space an elegant appeal
- The speaker produces excellent sound quality each time
5. Polk Audio Bookshelf Speakers Review
Get premium sound quality at a great value with the Polk Audio Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) T15. It utilizes 1″ tweeter and (1) 5.25″ Driver to produce a natural, well-balanced yet punchy sound with massive bass. This speaker can be wall-mounted in front, left, and right setup to deliver detailed audio with clear vocals that fill any room. Additionally, it is compatible with most home theater AV receivers to give you vast arrangement options.
- The speaker delivers incomparable quality at an affordable price
- It is easy to set up and to use
- The speaker has high-quality craftsmanship to ensure optimum durability
4. Micca Bookshelf Speakers-MB42X Review
The Micca Bookshelf Speakers-MB42X guarantees dramatically transformed sound signature that is open, dynamic, and balance. It is designed with a woven woofer to ensure enhanced transient and effectual bass. Similarly, there is a high-performance silk dome tweeter to provide accurate imaging and smooth treble. This speaker boasts a ported enclosure which delivers extended bass with minimum distortion. Better yet, it comes in a wide variety at various prices to meet different needs and budgets.
- This speaker produces neutral and accurate sound
- It is compact yet solid to withstand regular use
- The speaker has a high-tech appearance to elevate the décor in your room
3. Micca 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers COVO-S Review
Designed with a patented concentric driver, the Micca 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers COVO-S produces common acoustical center point and maintains coherency. It has 3-inch wool paper woofer with waveguide design to enhance tweeter dispersion. Likewise, there is a 7-inch PEI dome tweeter to deliver accurate imaging and clear treble. This speaker uses 6dB/octave crossover at 3.2 kHz to ensure a smooth transition between the woofer and the tweeter. In addition, it is equipped with a ported enclosure to provide an extended bass response with low distortion.
- The price of this speaker is affordable for almost everyone
- The speaker is compact and easy to handle
- It looks really good so you can place it anywhere in the room
2. Micca Bookshelf Speakers PB42X Review
No matter the era or genre, the Micca Bookshelf Speakers PB42X ensure you are well-equipped to enjoy great music. The speaker is compact and lightweight so you can mount it on a wall, use to on a shelf, desk, or speaker stand. It is equipped with high-performing 0.75 inches silk dome tweeter with precise drive output for wide dispersion, accurate imaging, and smooth treble. Also, there are 2 built-in amplifiers with RCA and 3.5mm input jacks to allow for versatile connections.
- The speaker delivers rich, full, and clear sound
- It is easy to set up and blends with almost any décor
- The price is worth the performance and quality you get
1. Klipsch Bookshelf Speakers Review (Pair) R-14M
Fill your small to medium-sized rooms with powerful lifelike performances with the Klipsch Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) R-14M. It uses the Tractrix Horn technology mated with an aluminum tweeter, for a greater extension, enhanced imaging, and powerful dynamics. This speaker has Molded Graphite (IMG) woofer to provide a remarkable low-frequency response with minimal cone breakup and distortion. Moreover, it boats 5-way binding posts to ensure maximum connection flexibility.
- The speaker creates the cleanest and most natural sound possible
- It is made of brushed black polymer veneer cabinet which is very attractive
- The speaker works exceptionally well for its size
Gone are the days when speakers were just massive and space-consuming. Nowadays, speakers come in several varieties; small and big for you to choose from. In this article, however, we only took a keen interest in bookshelf speakers due to the performance, convenience, and style they bring into any space. Hence, you should check them out, and who knows, you might just land the best speakers of all time.