3D printers have gained popularity in recent years. Compared to traditional printers, 3D printers have low overhead costs, increased production and allow creativity. 3D printers are used in many industries such as medicine, engineering, photography, and business. With this, there has been a rise in the number of brands and models of 3D printers. If you are planning on purchasing a 3D printer, here are the best 3D printers under 500 that you should consider.
- List of Best 3D Printers Under 500
- 1. SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer
- 2. Comgrow Creality Ender 3 3D printer
- 3. Comgrow Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer
- 4. FlashForge Finder 3D Printers
- 5. ANYCUBIC Photon UV 3D printers
- 6. TEVO Tornado 3D Printer
- 7. Official Creality Ender 3 3D printer
- 8. Official Creality Ender 3 Open Source
- 9. Monoprice Select Mini 3D printer
- 10. Monoprice Make Select Plus
List of Best 3D Printers Under 500
1. SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer
It has a build volume of 220 by 220 by 250mm. It has a compact design that enables it to fit well on the trunk of your car. It is ideal for home use as it has V-slot wheels that allow it to move smoothly.
- It is noiseless meaning that it does not produce any noise when printing.
- Heats faster whereby it reaches its operating temperatures within a few minutes.
- The 3D printer does not clog due to its patented extruder design.
- Easy to use. Most of the printer parts are assembled as you purchase.
- It’s quite big compared to other printers in the market.
- The cost of purchase is high
2. Comgrow Creality Ender 3 3D printer
The dimensions of this printer are 220 by 220 by 250mm. It is made of aluminum material. It weighs 17.64 pounds. It is available in black color.
- It has resume printing after a power outage or when a lapse occurs.
- When you purchase, most of the parts are already assembled
- It has a V-Slot with POM wheels that makes its movement easy and noiseless.
- Its operating temperatures are 110 degrees, and it takes 5 minutes to reach to that point.
- It can be difficult to get the printer parts locally, and it is advisable to test the key parts to make sure they are working well.
3. Comgrow Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer
The 3D printer comes with a certified power supply which protects the printer from power outages. The size of the printer is 8.6 by 8.6 by 9.8 inches.
- After purchasing you get a 12 months warranty, 24/7 customer services, and lifetime technical support.
- It can resume printing after a power outage.
- It is difficult to assemble all the parts
- It is expensive
4. FlashForge Finder 3D Printers
The FlashForge Finder 3D printer is one of the most popular printers in the market. It has a 3.5 inch colored touch screen to help during its operation.
- It has a non-heated plate
- It has Wi-Fi and cloud connectivity
- It can use a USB cable port
- It is heavy and big
5. ANYCUBIC Photon UV 3D printers
The 3D printer comes with a touch colored screen for use when offline. It weighs about 20.9 pounds.
- High speed
- Increased performance
- Enhances creativity
- The touch screen can easily break during transportation
- It requires training before using due to the technologies involved.
6. TEVO Tornado 3D Printer
It is one of the newest models in the market. Its dimensions are 300 by 300 by 400mm.
- It comes with 95% of assembled components
- Wireless printing
- Has an aluminum structure for stability
- High accuracy
- High printing speed
- It is heavy which hinders portability.
7. Official Creality Ender 3 3D printer
It is one of the high powered printers in the market and uses the latest forms of technology for quality 3D printing.
- It has resume print technology
- Heats faster
- Comes with all tools required for printing
- It is not user-friendly
- The printer takes much time while assembling.
8. Official Creality Ender 3 Open Source
The 3D printer uses open source technology for printing. It weighs 15.43 pounds. Most of the components are made of aluminum which makes it durable.
- The manufacturer offers one year warranty and lifetime support services
- Allows customization
- Has inbuilt fuses to protect the components
- The speed of this printer is low
9. Monoprice Select Mini 3D printer
The 3D printer has a compact desktop design. It is small in size with dimensions of 120 by 120 by 120mm.
- Fully assembles parts
- Comes with a user manual
- It is ready to print printer
- It is cheap
- It takes time to heat
- It is not ideal for large printing
10. Monoprice Make Select Plus
The printer has a large touch screen display. It comes with a MicroSD card which is preloaded.
- It supports all types of filament
- It is compatible with PC and Mac
- Ready to print
- Costly to purchase
- Not user-friendly
When buying a 3D printer, you should consider; the size of the printing objects, the type of print materials you want to use, the cost of the printer and if the printer is user-friendly.