Ahh, mashed potatoes! Who doesn’t love them? Whether you like them smooth or lumpy, for breakfast or dinner, mashed potatoes are certainly a staple in every home. The texture of the perfect potatoes blended with creamy milk and cheesy goodness is just something almost every craves on certain days. And the best part is that it is so easy to make at home, even the most amateur kitchen dummies can do it.
The key to the perfect mashed potatoes lies on two major things – the type of potato, and the equipment you use for mashing. Ideally, higher starched potatoes such as Russets or Yukon golds can be made into fluffy, smooth, and fine mashed potatoes, while the waxy types such as most common white potatoes, usually tend to have more texture and lumps. The type of potato really depends on how you want your mash to be.
Your mashing tool is also important to note. While you can certainly mash your potatoes in a bowl with a fork, the convenience of having a masher is undeniable. It does not only make mashing easier, it also gives you a more consistent texture all throughout your mash. Also, potato mashers that are made from stainless steel tend to be sturdier and of course, rust proof.
- Here are 10 Best Stainless Steel Potato Mashers in 2019
- 10. Precision Kitchenware Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Potato Masher Review
- 9. OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Potato Ricer Review
- 8. Jamie Oliver Stainless Steel Masher Review
- 7. Kuhn Rikon Potato Masher Review
- 6. Zyliss Stainless Steel Potato Masher Review
- 5. The World’s Greatest 2-in-1 Mix N’Masher Potato Food Masher Review
- 4. Kukpo Stainless Steel Potato Masher Review
- 3. OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Potato Masher Review
- 2. Squiz Best Long Lasting Solid Stainless Steel Potato Masher Review
- 1. Vepremium Stainless Steel Potato Masher and Potato Peeler Set Review
Here are 10 Best Stainless Steel Potato Mashers in 2019
10. Precision Kitchenware Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Potato Masher Review
A very basic and affordable potato masher, this one from Precision Kitchenware is all you need for a smooth, lumpless mash. It is heavy duty yet lightweight, and it also features an ergonomically designed handle that is comfortable and easy to grip. It is simple, functional, and does the job effortlessly.
9. OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Potato Ricer Review
Potato ricer, although functions almost the same as mashers, are popular because of its one-press function. You no longer have to mash your potatoes repeatedly to achieve a smooth consistency. The OXO Good Grips is ideal for ricing potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, and even baby food! It is made from a durable stainless body and equipped with a soft handle to make ricing comfortable and easy. It also has a non-slip knob to ensure that it rests over a bowl or pot securely.
8. Jamie Oliver Stainless Steel Masher Review
If you are looking for a simple, yet elegant looking stainless steel masher, this one from Jamie Oliver can be a great choice. It is made from brushed stainless steel with a soft handle for user comfort. It features smaller inner holes and larger outer holes to ensure that your potatoes are mashed perfectly without lumps. The masher also comes with an integrated silicone bowl scraper, allowing you to remove leftover mash with less waste. It is dishwasher safe and easy to store.
7. Kuhn Rikon Potato Masher Review
This stainless steel masher from Kuhn Rikon is very simple and functional. It makes mashing easy and effortless with its heavy duty body and easy-grip barrel handle, Because it is designed for function, it is very easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
6. Zyliss Stainless Steel Potato Masher Review
Made from high-quality stainless steel, the Zyliss potato masher is everything you need and more – durable, comfortable grip, and a built-in bow scraper. It is also dishwasher safe and easy to store with its integrated hook.
5. The World’s Greatest 2-in-1 Mix N’Masher Potato Food Masher Review
A versatile product that can mash practically all softly cooked food, the 2-in-1 Mix n’Masher is made from durable stainless steel and is completely rustproof. With its innovative design, it can be conveniently used as a masher or a mixer for a well-prepped food for the family.
4. Kukpo Stainless Steel Potato Masher Review
This masher from Kukpo is possibly one of the most ergonomically designed mashers on the market, with its horizontal handle and fine-grid mashing plate. The horizontally designed handle allows full grip, ensuring enough force to mash without straining your hands.
3. OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Potato Masher Review
OXO is well known for its stainless steel kitchenware, and its potato masher does not disappoint. It is designed for mashing potatoes and other starchy root vegetables. It features a cushioned handle for easy gripping, it is dishwasher safe and is easy to store.
2. Squiz Best Long Lasting Solid Stainless Steel Potato Masher Review
If you’re dreaming of the perfect potatoes, this can be the masher for you. Using the Squiz potato masher delivers the smoothest, fluffiest, and consistently mushy potato texture. It can be used for all your mashing requirements, from potatoes, to avocados, and more.
1. Vepremium Stainless Steel Potato Masher and Potato Peeler Set Review
If you want the best value for your money, then this is your best bet. The Vepremium comes in a set of potato masher and peeler for a very affordable price. It is durable, ergonomically designed, and versatile for your all your mashing and peeling needs. It is easy to clean and store.